Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Interview

I decided to interview my cousin Rumer Villalobos, he's an Electronic Engineer for a year now, so here it is:

1. Could you please define Engineering in your own words?
Engineering to me is the branch of science that makes or a least tries to make people's life easier with technology. In the case for Electronic Engineering we try to accomplish this through devices for the people.

2. What influenced you to pursue Electronics engineering, industrial ingeneering, computer science engineering or informatics engineering?
I pursued Electronic Engineering because there are many job offers because there isn't too many people in the field of electronics, and also there is a great chance to work outside the country.

3. Could you please describe the educational process required to become an Engineer?
I can only describe it with one word, HARD, it's not easy to become an engineer, you'll have to study a lot and give up to some stuff you were used to do like for example taking the whole weekend for resting, you'll never stop studing when trying to become and engineer.

4. What are the skills you need to be a good engineer?
I think you must be very cleaver and have a lot of ideas, when you're working there will be some problems and you'll need to solve them quickly. And I think also that you must like math a lot because almost all the career has them.

5. What job considerations were you looking for after you completed your education?
Actually any good job where I could practice everything I'd learned at college would be just fine for me, luckyly I found it.

6. What's something of your school life that you enjoy the most?
The lab work was just fantastic and very entertained, I enjoyed it very much while I was studing.

7. From your perspective, what is the most difficult part of being an engineering student?
The amount of studing hours you'll have to dedicate, belive me when I tell you that there will be a lot. And also I belive the frustration you fell when you can't solve a problem.

8. What are your plans for the future?
Keep on working and maybe find a job or a scholar-ship to study outside of the country.

9. Point out your most personally gratifying moment in Engineering school.
When I presented my final thesis, I was so nervous but it went very well.

10. Why would you recommend Engineering as a career?
If you like it, it's a great choise, because you'll have a lot of opportunities when working and if you're lucky you'll get a job offer in another country which i belive is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment